Tuesday 1 May 2012

KASAD: Knit a square a day: Launch


It's here! The blog project that I've been hinting at has arrived. For the month of May, I will be posting a knitting pattern for a 20 cm (8 inch) square. The squares can be used to make sweaters, blankets, scarfs and a host of other items for your loved ones or to give to charity.

As well as the patterns themselves, I will be posting hints and tips for knitting for charity, stories and photos of charity knitting in action.

I'm by no means a pattern expert. These are patterns I've developed myself and written so that I can understand them - normal patterns confuse me! Hopefully you will be able to follow along easily. I will list what's required both in terms of skill and equipment for each square. Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything.

Without any further ado, here is the square for May 1: Beach.
May 2: Plain Jane
May 3: Sandwich
May 4: Retreat
May 5: Ocean
May 6: Mint coconut ice
May 7: Green beans
May 8: Sunset
May 9: Sunburn
May 10: Harvest
May 11: Blocks
May 12: Flora
May 13: Snow and grass

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...