Saturday 9 February 2013

Roast beef


 


Now that we have the new kitchen (and a working oven) I've started cooking roasts which has been lovely, and very easy. So far I've been cheating and buying marinated roasts and cooking them in an oven bag. The veggies I've been doing are potatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, parsnip and carrot. I have been parboiling then and tossing them with avocado oil, but they could go in for even longer to really crisp up.

We've been intentionally having the left over roast meat with salad the following night. Neither Dear Husband or I are keen on bubble and squeak so I need to cut back on the amount of veggies that I cook since they have been going to waste. I could make proper Shepherd's Pie with the roast one day, but salad is much easier in the mean time.

Yum!

 

2 comments:

  1. Good Idea! Saw you at Six Sisters, new follower. Would love for you to follow me at http://www.memoriesbythemile.com/
    I also have a link party on Tuesday's come join in.
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...